2 Corinthians 5:17

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Friday, August 27, 2010

What Lies Between

What Lies Between

A place of uncertainty never seen,
And a walk through the unknown.
What is it that lies between?
It's intriguing to travel the ground I've not gone.
The path is vague and unclear.
I feel my heart's rapid beats.
I'm eager to go, not minding my fears.
Fighting the urge of defeat.
Being alone, by myself
I venture out into this excitement.
Need I have anyone else
In finding such delightment?

My heart and mind disagree to say yes.
My mind is alert knowing best.
My heart is weak, I confess,
Seldom in agreement, I do detest.
My heart needs strength and guidance
Listening to mind's debate.
In disobedience and defiance
My heart's not willing to wait.
Beating stronger, my heart gives way
To intriguing sounds that call out my name.
Over what my mind will say,
Serious, it's not a game!

Now horror and built day deep in these walls.
I'm lost and can't find my way.
Dark and cold echoing calls.
I need a guide and a plan to obey.
I know Lord, You are willing
Yet, waiting is difficult.
Circumstances are dreadfully chilling.
My heart sorrows in insult
Venturing without The Guide.
Its a difficult and a costly trip.
Coming to You I confide,
Hold my hand, so I won't slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment