2 Corinthians 5:17

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Prison


 My Prison

Looking around I find myself in a dark dungeon of a prison.
I question, "Why am I here? What could be the reason?"
Then, I see faces of people who've inflicted my pain and caused my wounds.
It must be the fault of each of them, I'm in this dark graven tomb.
I've become so angry and bitter, because they hurt me so badly.
My temper rages and I yell and shake the bars of my heart radically.
I can't get out and away from them. I am the one that should be free.
Disturbed, I hear a familiar voice from my past, "You hold the key!"
"Impossible," I think out loud. "I was free with reason to live."
"With your anger and bitterness you've trapped yourself here."

"You have chosen these bars of slow but sure death
Should you hang on to angry bitterness and not confess.
You alone hold yourself captive and you're a prisoner as well,
Making this time, this pace, your heart, your own living hell.
The power you have is within yourself to let go
Of all the hurtful pain binding your heart in bitter cold.
The joy your heart once knew can be fully restored.
I know, The One speaking to you is The Lord.
What keeps you trapped from setting yourself free
Is in your heart. You refuse to forgive and use the golden key."

No comments:

Post a Comment