2 Corinthians 5:17

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Friday, September 10, 2010

Lost Innocence

Lost Innocence

Growing up I learned about selfish hands.
I finally began to understand,
In simple ways as only a child can.
Words of beauty spoken sweetly and clear.
He hoped no other ears could over hear.
Always, he smelled of stale sickening beer.
I didn't want him to come close or near.
My heart became faint with a lot of fear.
Surly God would just make him disappear.
Feeling hopeless confused, I didn't know.
Suppose it's the way it is when you grow?
Afraid, I hid in the closet below.
I was safely hidden and out of sight.
I cleared a small spot and sat without light.
Go and leave me alone!” I would recite.
No grownup listened to this little girl
Living in an imaginary world.
My pleas, fears and pain would not be heard.
Imaginations were completely real.
He came to my bed and he held me still.
I cried out, but he lied and took his thrill.
He explained it away as a bad dream.
His story quickly believed and redeemed.
A huge lie he told to disguise my scream.
I felt cheated, robbed, dirty and unclean.
Pain in body and heart, I've never seen.
Leaving, I heard him laugh cruel and mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment