2 Corinthians 5:17

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Little Girl Inside

The Little Girl Inside

The little girl I once was with ribbons and bows,
I lost her somewhere a long time ago.
I don't remember just when
It happened or where we had been.
She just disappeared one day
When I got too busy to play.
It wasn't because I grew up, not needing her any more.
Nor, was it that I just forgot her or just ignored.

I had things I just had to do.
More than just going to school.
Besides the homework and having to write
I will not talk or cause a fight.
Much deeper inside I looked for that little girl.
She was all that I wanted in this world.

Lost, scared, hiding or just gone.
Childhood days not finished, but I was left alone.
Growing up too quick wasn't my idea.
But, no one listened or did they hear.
The cries of the little girl that laid inside
Had no place to go, I suppose she died.

10/29/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment