2 Corinthians 5:17

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Unexpected

The Unexpected 

My thoughts embraced life eagerly looking to my husband to be.
Everything was simply beautiful, nothing wrong I could foresee.
His face was shinning brightly as I looked into eyes of blue.
What was running through his mind I had no clue.

His jaw was clinched tight with a force I've not known.
Heads turned and all eyes were watching us, we were not alone.
My emotions I cold not control and tears began to fall,
Standing while hesitating at the threshold of the wedding hall.

In minutes of the ticking clock, I was to be given away
To a most desirable man, I must honor, trust and obey.
We exchanged promised words and sacred vows, saying many things.
Circles of gold we gave to each other, our binding wedding rings.

A sudden kiss of mad passionate love, strange and so unkind.
He held me tight and whispered, “You are mine!”
When they proudly pronounced us husband and wife
I feared fairy tales were gone of having a happy life.

In the pit of my stomach I knew this wasn't paradise.
Yet, the wedding guests were smiling still throwing rice.
Married, two into one, together hand in hand,
Griping my hand tightly, I didn't understand.

He firmly explained, You are now my woman and your are to please.”
I felt very anxious for I had married a most deadly disease.
His unfaithful loveless heart had hardened and turned strongly bold.
The light in his eyes were bitter dark cold.

I knew without doubt I had married the devil himself.
He had taken my love, my heart and there was nothing left.
He had made himself a vision of light and was quite wise.
For he had laid in wait, in perfect disguise.
10/24/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment