2 Corinthians 5:17

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

MOTHER



MOTHER

I never knew what mother actually did
I was a child, and things were hid.
Even now, I wonder how she managed...
Raising us kids, she had many a special bandage.
She did without, just so I could have a pair of shoes.
Talked with me to get rid of first love kind of blues.
She built within me the courage to stand and endure.
And had many night time sleeping cures.
Gave me marvelous and wonderful dreams,
And built within me my self esteem.
Taught me how to use my mind and my hands.
Encouraged we when it didn't seem so grand.
We played together, laughed and cried,
And taught me about death when the puppy died.
Never tell an untruth or deceive with a part lie.
Stand up tall and not be shy.
She didn't stand for laziness or sloppiness either.
Always be busy and don't be foolish neither.
Homemade fun and homemade toys,
And talks about watching silly boys.
What's important and what's not.
How soon it's gone and all forgot.
Rules were made to be obeyed and not broken.
And to watch each word that was spoken.
I had my share of whippings and maybe more.
And always had those weekly chores.
She always had a listening ear.
Never too busy, again and again to hear.
She was rough and mean too, what a fit.
And, I didn't like her sometimes, not one bit!
I didn't always understand her logic,
but I knew I was a God given project.
So much she passed on to me for daily living.
Oh, how much in her constant giving!
As a child, I never knew she was so smart.
Teaching me to be thankful, an example straight from her heart.
I don't know how she ever taught me so much.
Never knew just when I learned this, that and such.
Yes, she's my mother, next of kin.
But, now I think of her as my Best Friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment