2 Corinthians 5:17

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Monday, November 1, 2010

I Loathe My Very Life

I Loathe My Very Life

I loathe my very life.
It's full of hardships and much strife.
I give free reign to my complaints,
Constantly saying what it ain't.

All are evil, no one does right,
And nothing seems to satisfy my sight.
In my thoughts it's tragic for me.
I speak only in bitterness...
From my soul, don't you see?
My words will wound you as they do me.

I am scarred so deep within.
Do you have any idea where I've been?
What is the cause and why do I complain?
I use cutting words, hurting you the same.
I suffer from hate, deep inside of me.
I pray and beg for my release.
Will this misery within me ever cease?

Oh, God, flood me with Your mercy.
My soul is so dry and thirsty.
I'm in such horrible bondage, too much for me.
Please comfort me with Your Holy Spirit.
I may not be able for You to reach, I fear it.

With complaints and bitter words I've hurt others, not just me.
Contagious are they in my presence, and You are displeased.
I'm justified to air my negative opinions and pleas.
Yet, I know I'm too impossible to please.
Please, put my bitterness for once, at ease.

Do not let my bitterness bubble to the surface.
Bring healing to my hurt, I'm  such a pitiful case.
With only one life to live, I need Your precious grace.
What is the cure? How can I continue and endure?
Jesus, please hear me, and give me the cure.
 4/20/2010
(c) Kay Hinson

No comments:

Post a Comment